With 2017 nearly in the books, I would like to offer my sincere thanks and appreciation to you and your member organization for an extremely successful year. Your support of one of the largest Chambers of Commerce in the State of Michigan has allowed us the opportunity to serve our growing region in ways and circumstances we did not anticipate when we started this year. Thanks for your confidence in us.
As Chairman of the Board of Directors for the past year, I have had the opportunity to interface with many of you and learn about the products and services that you manufacture, distribute, market and bring to local, regional and global consumers. The vast variety of these items within our local marketplace is truly astounding and something that we should not take for granted. Sterling Heights, Macomb County and Southeastern Michigan are growing and you are an agent of that growth.
This past year was very successful for your Chamber of Commerce. New or refreshed events, an exciting and entertaining SterlingFest, increased sponsorships at many events and an acute eye related to financial outlay have allowed us to have one of our most successful years in recent memory. All of these successes are related to your participation and interest in growing with us. Many thanks for your participation and investment of time, talent and treasures.
If one word describes 2017, in my eyes that word would be “growing.” Our region is continuing to grow at a rapid and steady incline. Key projects spurring growth in our region include the launch of the Sterling Innovation District/Enterprise Park (including investments by Mitchell Plastics and Matalsa), Aperam, Grupo Antolin, UTEC new headquarters, Amazon ‘Project Millennium’ and other key direct or indirect investment by defense contractors and each major auto manufacturer in the region (FCA, Ford and GM). Simply put, these projects, investments and initiatives are positively transforming the landscape of where we live, work and play.
I would like to take a moment to thank some key individuals and stakeholders in the region for their support this past year, as my term comes to a close:
- Elected and appointed local, regional, state and national officials for their steadfast desire to want to make our region the example for the rest of the state and nation when it comes to what cooperative, positive, clean government should look like.
- Chamber staff for their rational and steadfast vision and drive to align Chamber programs and benefits to membership and community desires.
- Chamber volunteers, including but not limited to Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, BRAG and YoPros Leadership, and our Ambassadors group for going above and beyond for nearly 1,300 member organizations within our community.
- My employer, Metro Wire and Cable, Corp. and Devin H. Ezop for allowing me the opportunity to serve not only the SHRCCI, but also our growing organization.
- And last but not least, my family and three biggest fans (my loving wife Nicole, Mr. Grant and Ms. Claire) for the early mornings and late nights related to trying to make our region just a bit better.
Thanks once again for allowing me the opportunity to be at your service this year and for the Chamber to assist you in growing your business. Let’s work together in 2018 to make our region even more prosperous and a guiding light for others to emulate.
2017 Chairman of the Board
Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce
Metro Wire and Cable, Corp.