First In-House Testing in Michigan
Henry Ford is proud to announce that we are the first health system in Michigan to adapt the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's test kits to test samples from our own labs. That means that Henry Ford is best equipped to rapidly test more patients presenting with symptoms of COVID-19 - helping the patients themselves and slowing the spread of the disease in our communities.
Q&A on the Coronavirus
In case you missed it, Betty Chu, M.D., Henry Ford's Associate Chief Clinical Officer and Chief Quality Officer, led a Facebook Live Session, Wednesday, March 18, answering some of our community members' most pressing questions about COVID-19. Click here to view a recording.
Tips for Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces and frequently used objects.
- Learn more about how to practice social distancing to reduce your chances of getting the disease and spreading it to others.
- More recommendations on the CDC's website.
If you suspect that you or a loved one may have COVID-19, please consult with your doctor by phone, virtual care or your MyChart account for next steps. If your symptoms worsen, call 911 and alert the 911 operator of your exposure so the EMS crew can be prepared for transport, and limit others from being infected.
For additional questions or patient advice, please call our new COVID-19 hotline:
313-874-1055, available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
In the meantime, if you would like to make a gift to support Henry Ford's efforts to combat COVID-19 click here. You can also visit our coronavirus resources webpage for more information and the latest news.