By: Ashley Edwards, Director of Marketing & Communications, SHRCCI
The participation of young professionals in the Chamber is critical to the vitality and longevity of member-based organizations. Engaging with young professionals is important because they are energizing, creative, and innovative.
"The greatest asset our country has is not oil or gold, but the minds of our young people." - Irving Fradkin
Not only does a Young Professional benefit from joining the Chamber of Commerce but so does the Chamber, their industry profession, and their business or place of work. There are 9 main perks of a Young Professional joining the Chamber and they are outlined for you below:
1. Resume diversity: We offer members the opportunity to include substantive elements in their resume. Leadership roles, community awards, and committee volunteerism.
2. Exclusive Information: Members have the ability to quickly access data such as legislative policy updates, original research, innovative trends, regional predictions, articles from though leaders, proprietary content seminars, newsletters, and best practices.
3. Job Searches: Access to job opportunities, online job boards, career centers, job fairs, and exclusive openings are common benefits.
4. Leadership Skills: Members can participate in programs that help them become a recognized community leader. From the smallest engagement to major participation, taking advantage of any opportunity helps with professional development.
5. Reputation Building: We help members create a name for themselves. Membership builds credibility, indicates a commitment to the community, signals appreciation for professional standards, and assures knowledge of area trends and developments.
6. Benefits & Discounts: These may include savings on products and services, group health care, travel discounts, and access to mentoring programs, exclusive conferences, trade shows, and events.
7. Training & Education: Education paves the road to success in any industry. Chambers host workshops, online training, peer-to-peer learning, etc. designed to help members to develop professionally.
8. Giving Back: We provide endless opportunities for volunteerism on all levels. Whether it's participating within the chamber itself or helping out other charitable organizations, members can easily find ways to give back.
9. Networking: Members can make meaningful connections through chambers. There are Linkedin groups, private chamber networks, exclusive access to membership directories, exposure to though leaders and influencers, and endless programs and events.
Young Professionals are always looking for new ways to grow their skills and education paves the road to success in any industry. Whether optional or required, chamber provided certifications and designations offer ongoing opportunities for a diversified skill set and professional development.
The next era of the chamber world is dependent on recruitment, engagement, and renewals of young professionals.
To learn more about our Young Professionals Network click here, or contact Ashley Edwards by email or at 586.731.5400 x 13.