By: Ashley Edwards, Director of Marketing & Communications
What is a Chamber and What we do
So a Chamber of Commerce is a broad term referring to a business network. This network is usually made up of individuals who invest their time and money into the organization, generally with the goal of advancing their community's economic well-being.
The Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce began as a small localized Chamber in 1961. Over the last 60 years we have grown to become Macomb County's leading business organization with close to 1,000 members.
Our Mission has been, and continues to be very simple: To bring features, benefits and value to our members, and each and every day we strive to bring a Return on Investment (ROI) to our members, and to make their Chamber the best business organization possible. Our Directors, Ambassadors, BRAG™ leaders, volunteers, along with our staff and management are deeply committed to this Mission.
Our Vision is committed to serving as the focal point for the business community in Macomb County. As the premiere membership-based organization, the Chamber provides a sense of value, pride and results.
Joining a chamber of commerce provides businesses with access to resources, discounts, and relationships that enable them to save money, market their products, and streamline their processes. Whether your business is looking for B2B partners and sales, help with customer acquisition, or guidance on HR processes, the Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce can help.
To view our full membership benefit book and to see all we have to offer, please click here.
So, you've joined the Chamber, now what?
Advocating for your Business, that's what!
No one understands your business better than you do, and a chamber of commerce is a great resource for your business’ success.
You can also take your membership a step further by getting involved in committee or subcommittee work. This may allow your business to sponsor activities with the chamber, especially ones which align to your business category. You can also look for speaking and writing opportunities within meetings and events, which further promotes your business and industry knowledge.
We have plenty of ways to get more involved, YoPros (Young Professionals), Elder Health Network, WBOA (women's business owners alliance), Tourism & Hospitality, Nonprofit Network, the Public Policy Roundtable, BRAG™, Ambassadors, and special event committees for everyone to join in on!
Some Final Tips!
Some important advice to help you make the most out of your membership.
- Read the information we pass out! These materials have all of the details and contact information we have available.
- Sign up for the Bi-Weekly Chamber Connection E-Newsletter, click here to subscribe!
- Take a look at our upcoming event calendar! Look and see what is available to you and how you can get involved.
- Follow our social media! WE SHARE TONS OF BENEFICIAL CONTENT! Click below to view our social pages.
FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN
- Talk to staff member! Still have questions or concerns? We are here to help! Contact us!
- Add value to our Chamber blog by providing guest blog posts! Email Ashley Edwards for more details.
- Learn about BRAG™! Contact Stacy Ziarko, email@example.com for more information on this dynamic networking and referral program!