By: Ashley Edwards, Director of Marketing & Communications, SHRCCI
There are many benefits to using your member portal on the Chamber website, lately I have been fielding questions on how to add a community event and how to update coupons on the website, so I figured I could put together a quick refresher on how to utilize ALL there is too offer on the member portal.
How do I log into my Member Portal?
How do I change my username and password?
Once you have successfully logged into your portal, your "home page" will appear (below for example):
** Please note that if you have forgotten it all together, you will need to call the office so we can send you a reset link to update your account information.**
***Since this is the same username and password for your entire company, make sure you share the information with your employees and co-workers that attend Chamber events!***
How do I update my contact information?
It's important to keep your listing as up-to-date as possible. This information shows on your listing in the directory. So if you get a new address, phone number, website or contact person, we want to have the most accurate information for your business so potential clients and customers can find you!
From the "Members Only Home Page", click on "Update Your Contact Information" under the "Quick Links" on the right hand side, There are many things you can do from here:
- Update your employee list which includes their names, emails, titles, whether they receive communication from us, and you can also update your main contact.
- If you click on "Edit My Profile", you can edit your businesses "General Information": Your company name, address, phone number, email address, and website.
- Under the "Directory Listing" tab on the left, you can update and edit your categories, keywords and primary listing. This is EXTREMELY important because this is how the public can find you on our website!
- You can also list your social media accounts under this tab! Copy and paste direct links to your businesses Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and more! This will help other Chamber members, potential clients and customers find you on the web and follow you in the social media world!
What else can I do in my Member Portal?
Aside from updating your username and password, and keeping your contact information up to date, you can pay invoices by clicking on "Pay Your Bills," you can measure your Return on Investment by running your Referral Report, you can view the most current Membership List alphabetically (this exports as a PDF ~75 pages, it may take a while to download). You can add your Member-to-Member and Member-to-Public coupons and discounts, and you can also submit an event to our community calendar.
Please keep in mind that any updates you make to your profile, coupons, events, job bank, etc. come to use for approval BEFORE it is posted on the website. So don't panic if you don't see it showing up on the website right away.
Did I register for that Chamber Event?
If you are logged into your member portal, head to the page that is titled "Members Only Home", there will be a bold "My Events." If you have registered for an event, it will display the Event Title, the item purchased
(admissions or sponsorship), the quantity purchased, and the amount you paid. If the event you are looking for isn't displaying, you have not yet registered for that event.
Is your company or place of business hiring? Post the job description in our job bank, another exclusive FREE benefit to Chamber members.
How to Post a Job:
- Under the "News and Media" tab at the top of the website, drop down to the "Job Bank."
- Under employers column, click on "Post a job, now!"
- If you aren't logged into your Member Portal, it will prompt you to do so now.
- Fill out the form as best as you can and click "submit" at the bottom. The form will be sent to a staff member for approval and you should see your job post within 24 hours.
- Head to the "Events Tab" on the website, under "Community Events" a "Submit an Event" tab will appear. After you click this link, please fill out the form accordingly.
- This will be submitted to me, Ashley Edwards, and I will review and approve the community event within 24 hours of submission. (If over the weekend, please be patient, I will approve once I am in the office on Monday).
How do I register for an upcoming Chamber Event?
- At the top of our website, hover your mouse over the "Events" tab and click on "Chamber Events."
- Find the event you wish to register for and click on it. This will direct you to a more detailed event page with location, time, and sponsor information.
- Click on the green "Register" button at the bottom of the event.
- Select the item you wish to purchase and enter the quantity (sometimes there is exclusive Member pricing for events, if you are not logged in, it will prompt you to do so before those prices are available).
- Input your information (First and Last name, organization, address, email, phone number), enter your credit card information and billing address, and then let us know who is attending this event. (This step is important for check-in purposes!
- Once you click Submit Registration, you will be redirected to a confirmation page with the details of your registration. You will also receive a confirmation email right away that can be used as a receipt for your records. If you were not re-directed to a confirmation page or didn't receive the registration email, you registration may have not gone through. If you experience any difficulty registering for an event, please call the office at 586.731.5400 and we will gladly help you out.
I hope that this blog post is a helpful a refresher and a great tool for you to use to get the most out of your Chamber Membership. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 586.731.5400 x 13 or email.