Here are 9 things I found to do in the Sterling Heights Regional area:
1. Family Activities
· Trampoline Park – When I was a kid, there were few things that made me happier than jumping on a trampoline. As a bonus for parents, this is the perfect way to tire your kids out and get them back on their school year sleep schedule. Check out Airtime Trampoline & Game Park at 44855 Hayes Road in Sterling Heights or Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park at 50810 Sabrina Drive in Shelby Township!
· Laser tag, video games, and go karts, oh my! – Need a good adrenaline rush? Do you have the need for speed? Or do you love beating high scores on a video game? The Sterling Heights Regional area has you covered! For a day of family fun, we recommend the Zap Zone Fun Center located at 43680 Van Dyke in Sterling Heights; Dave & Buster’s located at 45511 Park Ave in Utica; and Kart 2 Kart – an indoor karting center located at 42705 Van Dyke in Sterling Heights. Have fun!
· When I was a kid, bowling became a monthly activity for our family! It's relatively inexpensive and it's fun for all ages. Check out Metro Detroit Bowling and Resource Center at 7023 E. 14 Mile Road in Sterling Heights or Sterling Lanes at 33200 Schoenherr in Sterling Heights for open bowling or to schedule a party!
2. Craft Beer
· For those who are 21+ and enjoy the hops, a brewery may be the scene for you! Sherwood Brewing Company is great because they make all of their beer, wine and sodas in-house and they are delicious! Visit them at 45689 Hayes Road in Shelby Township. Brown Iron Brewhouse is another great local hotspot because they have more than 70 craft beers on tap, the food is amazing and I love their outdoor patio with corn hole and bonfires! Check it out at 57695 Van Dyke in Washington Township.
3. The Great Outdoors!
· The Huron-Clinton Metroparks are great little escapes from the everyday hustle and bustle. Whether you enjoy going to the beach, sunset yoga, concerts, or renting a paddle board, boat, canoe or kayak, the Metroparks have you covered. Visit Stony Creek, Lake St. Clair or Wolcott Mill Metroparks in Macomb County. Go and enjoy the last few days of summer!
· Looking for an outdoor paddling adventure? Clinton River Canoe + Kayak has select river trips for all ages and at all levels! They can accommodate groups and parties as well. Browse their website to find the trip suited best for you or give them a call at (248) 421-3445 for more information.
4. Dodge Park Farmer’s Market
Now this is a new feature that came to town this summer that I absolutely love. The Dodge Park Farmer’s Market is a way for local farmers and artisans to come together and sell their produce and products to the community. You can go out and enjoy the market on Thursdays from 3-8 p.m. until October 29!
5. Feeling Artsy?
Painting with friends can be a lot of fun! I am the worst artist ever and with a little help from the instructor and an adult beverage, my Santa Claus painting became a masterpiece. You can get a group of friends together and do a private party or you can join open painting parties and make new friends as you paint. These are perfect for birthdays, bridal festivities, a couples date, or an employee team building experience. Visit Painting Sensations at 45653 Hayes in Shelby Township, Painting with a Twist at 50336 Schoenherr in Shelby Township, or Filipo Marc Winery at 39085 Garfield in Clinton Township for their Wine-Down and Paint events!
6. Go Golfing
Sometimes you need to take a day off and treat yourself to 18 holes! There are plenty of excellent golf courses in and around Macomb County to take care of your group or to host a golf outing! We recommend Cherry Creek Golf Club & Banquet Center located at 52000 Cherry Creek Dr in Shelby Township or Sycamore Hills Golf Club located at 48787 North Ave in Macomb.
7. Catch a Show
It's nice to check-out of reality every once in a while and what better way to do that than to watch a show? Whether it be live or digital, Macomb County has a variety of theaters and venues that you can check out!
· Emagine Macomb - 15251 23 Mile Road in Macomb
· Freedom Hill Theatre - 14900 Metropolitan Parkway in Sterling Heights
· Macomb Center for the Performing Arts - 44575 Garfield Rd in Clinton Township
· Macomb Symphony Orchestra - 44575 Garfield Rd in Clinton Township (Shows hosted at the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts)
· MJR Marketplace-Cinema 20 - 35400 Van Dyke Ave in Sterling Heights
8. Attention Athletes
There are a ton of options for those looking for a neighborhood court to practice whether you play basketball, soccer, baseball or hockey, we have something for you!
· Extra Innings - an indoor batting cage facility that offers lessons, strength + conditioning and fall leagues to keep you in shape! If baseball is your forte, check it out at 51162 Filomena Dr in Shelby Township.
· Fraser Soccer Club - A travel and recreational nonprofit organization. This club is intended for children under 14 to develop their skills and train for high school. Visit them at 34750 Klein St in Fraser.
· Greg Grant Basketball - Looking to join a local basketball league? They also offer a variety of trainings, camps and tournaments as well as a wheelchair basketball league! Visit them at 6606 Metropolitan Parkway in Sterling Heights.
· Joe Dumars Fieldhouse - This sports center offers basketball, volleyball, roller and floor hockey leagues as well as whirlyball and an indoor golf simulator. They also have camps and clinics and event/party space if you'd like to host an event! Don't forget about The Bayou Adventure with mini golf, laser tag, a trampoline, a high ropes course, a climbing wall, a raceway, an arcade and much more! Check it out at 45300 Mound Road in Shelby Township.
· The New Rink - A roller skating complex with a Bounce Zone, skating lessons, roller hockey, and more! Book your private party for a birthday or other special events! They are located at 50625 Van Dyke in Shelby Township.
· Planet Fitness - To get your daily workout in, visit the brand new location at 8260 23 Mile Road in Shelby Township!
9. Fun Workouts!
I don't know about you, but I hate working out! I never put "working out" and "fun" in the same category until I tried other ways to exercise. Now, not only am I in better shape, but I can have a blast while doing it! Check out Jazzercise - combining dance and fitness to upbeat music - located at 34830 Utica Road in Fraser. Studio Z LLC has zumba, yoga, kickboxing and boot camp to keep your body in shape! Visit them at 13367 15 Mile Road in Sterling Heights.
Now these places are just the tip of the iceberg, folks! There are so many amazing places to go to and enjoy right here in our own community. What’s the bonus about all of these places? They’re Chamber members! And we love our Chamber members and love to support them! I’m always looking for new places to explore in our community. Do you have a favorite place to go to that you can share with me?